Friday, March 23, 2012

Week7-Choropleth Mapping- Numbers Don't Lie, It's How You Stack Them

Oh those Census Takers. What do they do with all those numbers?    Our task was to present the change in US population by State  and then by Division between April1, 1990 and April 1, 2000.  Our first map was created in ArcMap then moved over to Adobe Illustrator for its final touches. It is classed using natural breaks. I manually manipulated the breaks to reveal a clearer division between those states which were on the border of the breaks.     After we completed the natural break map we used the same map in Illustrator to create our own equal interval classification. In this case, we used the census regional division, calculated our intervals, then revised the map to reflect the changes.  The outcomes were quite different.  I stretched myself by adding my summation chart to the map.  Still overcoming some procedural issues, I'm pleased with the final results.


No comments:

Post a Comment